Sunday, March 10, 2013

Steampunk


       I didn't think I could do it. But I finished my book! I just so happened to have forgotten to set my clock forward so I wasted my whole morning. But it was well worth it! So my latest review is The Steampunk Bible by Jeff Vandermeer and S.J. Chambers. I must say I found this very interesting as well as informational. I hope that you find it the same when/ if you do read it.  Now ON TO THE REVIEW!

                               The Steampunk Bible by Jeff Vandermeer and S.J. Chambers

            This book has about seven different sections. Each has their own little "subject" and does a pretty good job at giving examples of the "subject".  Our first section is about the mass of the steampunk fans and some of the things they do and how it kind of started. The second section is about some more things on how steampunk started. The third section is on some of the books the feature steampunk and some of the first books. For example Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and Edgar Allan Poe. The fourth section is on the art aspect of steampunk.  (I'll try to find pictures for some later.) The fifth  section is on some of the "costumes" and music of steampunk. Examples of bands are ArcAttack ( I suggest you check them out they are really neat.), Abney Park, Clockwork Quartet, and Rasputina. The sixth section is on movies and TV shows. Examples of those would be Sherlock Holmes ( one of the best movies ever), 9, Golden Compass, etc. The seventh and final sections is all about where steampunk could go in the future.

   I rate this book a 5/5 stars. I thought it was really good, may have also made my To Read list just a bit longer and expanded some of my music list. I just loved almost every thing about this book! The pictures where a good quality, there was a variety of things, and some thing for every one! Then again I am really fascinated by the whole steampunk trend in general. Maybe one of these days I'll take a trip to Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin and see the huge steampunk art thing they have there!OR go to the steampunk version of com icon.

  That is all I have to say for right now, I'll try to find a good video for one or two of the bands and some pic's of steampunk art for you guys. Well on to my next  book, which may take me a while to read. So if I don't post for a while it's just because i'm really busy  and my next book is about 4x larger than this one. Well I need to try to find some stuff, Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment