Thursday, March 21, 2013

English Assignment


  I know this isn't what you guys have been waiting for but I have to do this for english so bear with me just for this but I promise that I will post a review later.


Question 1.) What is literature? What does it do? Literature is a text that moves ideas through space and time.

What is your favorite work of literature? My favorite work of literature is Alice through the looking glass by Lewis Carroll. I haven't physically read it but I listened to it on audio book when I was younger.In fact I still do.

Question 2.) Is Anthem by Ayn Rand literature? I believe that Anthem is literature. It moves many ideas through space and time. For example it gives idea of individualism and how important it is and many other things that we need or have now days.

Are Basho's poems literature? I think that Basho's poems are literature. Even thought they are haiku poems the still move ideas through time in the form of pictures using 3 lines. Those pictures give the read the sense of what life was like for Basho.

Is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho Literature? I don't think that The Alchemist should be considered literature. Most of the  other books we have read had later dates to when they were published. This books copyright is 1993 which I think I still pretty close to where we are now. It may move idea through space but the time gap is really short unlike the rest of our books.

Is Antigone by Sophocles literature? I Truly think that even though it is a play, we could consider it literature. It does move a variety of ideas through both time and space. If it wasn't a play it would be a very good example of literature but since it is a play I don't think that it is the best example of literature.

Question 3.)    Attach links to your blog of your writings and write at lest 3 sentences claiming your greatest strengths.

Paper 1

Paper 2

Paper 3

Paper 4

  I think that I have greatly improve since my first writings. I got the capitalization errors under control and my spelling is better than it usually is. I also think I did a very good job at giving examples for my papers.
  For group discussions I think I do a good job at participating. I also think I some times throw out some very good points. I think I could improve my discussion participation by maybe saying more or being more specific. I could also try to get into the discussions more.
  I think that my blog is my greatest strength. My writing is almost flawless and I take the time and enjoy it. I think it my blog is important because you never know who reads it but you could give some one who doesn't read the chance to find some thing they could like and get them hooked one reading. This blog is also the only place I have to talk about books the way I do. Which could be important to some one some day. I could review a book and hate it and some later comes along and reads it then knows if they want to read it or know. That is why I give a bit of a description of the book. So if I don't like it at least some else could have the chance at loving it.


  Well I hope this didn't upset all of you hoping for a review. I promise that right after this I am going to try to get it done! I am only half way through it so it shouldn't be long. Well Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

PS. If the links don't work could you tell me so I can fix them? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment