Thursday, March 28, 2013

City of a Thousand Dolls


   Hey guys! I finished my first book from the library. I also still don't have Clockwork princess. I saw it at our school library and almost grabbed it. But I showed restraint and didn't pick it up. I promised I wouldn't get it in any form until after Easter. Sorry I haven't been able to find any good time to find songs from my new CD but I promise that I will get to them as soon as I can. Before I bore you... On to my review!

                  City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster

   Our story starts out with Nisha an orphan girl who was left outside the gates of the city of a thousand dolls. The city is a place for girls who have been abandoned by their parents. Most girls live in places called houses. Each has their own purpose, from combat to beauty there is some thing for every one. Noble men can "claim" a girl and have her trained to be exactly what he wants. If no one claims a girl at 18 she has to leave the city and try to find her own life. Nisha doesn't  have one house like most of the other girls. She works and lives in the house of the Matron. Most of her friends are the spotted cats that live in the city. Her other friends are Tanaya and Sashi. Tanaya live in the house of flowers and Sashi lives in the house of jade. Not long after meeting up with Tanaya, Nisha finds the body of a dead girl in the street. To save her life from being a slave she decides to find out who has been murdering the girls in the city. Mystery, adventure, and secret love are in store for this intriguing read.

  I rate this book a 5/5 stars. The only problem I had was that I couldn't keep the names strait. Other than that I couldn't put it down for over 2 days. I suggest you guys read it, the book is really good and I hope that the author writes more.

  This is out later than it should have been. Sorry, I have just been so busy. Mostly with trying to get paint of my hands and arms. Other than that, I think I am going to return the Candy Shop Wars book. I just can't get into it, I hope you guys weren't waiting for the review for that one. I bet it was really good, but I can't find any books right now that hold my attention. Maybe this weekend I will find something but for now don't expect a review for a bit. My other library book should be in soon, I still don't remember the title. So I guess it will be a surprise for every one! Well I should get going, I have tons of homework and paint to take care of. Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment