Saturday, February 7, 2015

I Made it Back! (Finally!)


           Hey Guys! Wow, I've decided that I'm kind of a horrible person. I keep forgetting to review all these books I keep reading!  I also keep leaving you guys hanging for months! I've also been caught up in reading Homestuck (don't look it up unless you want to get addicted!). At this point I'm going to have to do three books per review to get caught up! (I bet you all got super excited about that.) Today I will start with two reviews....

                          The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
               Follow Sebastian and Octavia on another adventure. This time it deals with the murder of Tesla and an adventure to Egypt. While investigating a murder our detectives anger a secret society called The Hermetic Order of Osiris, thus forcing them to go under cover. Can they solve this mystery or will all the worlds come to an end?

            I rated this a 4/5 stars. I will admit it's been a while since I've read this but I didn't think it was too bad. Wasn't to enthusiastic about the last half of the book (if I remember correctly). I thought it was interesting until the author added his little earth shattering "plot twist" that just was a little whatever. I did like the first book better, but its almost always that way so I'm not too upset.

                                                Atonement by Ian McEwan        
                  It all started in 1935 with one 13 year olds innocent mistake. This mistake leads to major changes in not only her life but the lives of her family and their friend for the rest of their lives. Follow the characters through their life altering events and through world war II from a British point of view.

          I can't even think of a rating to describe this book. I thought it was going to be boring because I had to read it for English but in reality it was one of the best I've had to read for English in a long time. I know my description of the book doesn't do it justice. But I loved how the author described WW II and I loved how the book just played out. I could relate to the different characters at different points in the book and just when I thought I could guess the next move the book went a different direction. I kind of just want to stand on a corner and hand out this book to every one who walks by. (Ok that is a little extreme but IT WAS AWESOME!)

         I know these reviews aren't the best. It's going to be one of those work in progress "projects".  I'm also going to try keeping up this time and not neglecting you guys again. On a side note, I've started my "New Years Resolution (Revolution... what ever its called)" . Pretty much I have a box that I am going to fill up with the titles of all the books I've read this year. So every time I finish a book I'm going to put the title in my cool looking box and at the end of the year I'm going to look back and see how much I've accomplished. I thought it was good when I ran across it about a month ago. I hope it'll be able to help me (and remind me) to get on here and do reviews. Well I've got to get going, Talk To You All Later! - Kaitlynn

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons
11.) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
12.) Macbeth by William Shakespeare
13.)Atonement by Ian McEwan
14.) Rebel by Amy Tintera
15.) Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
16.) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
17.) ACID by Emma Pass
18.) Price of Paradise by Colin Brake
19.) The Moor by Laurie R. King
20.) City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
21.) Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
22.) A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment