Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wuthering Heights


Hey Guys! I've been extremely busy, as usual I come to realize. But today's post really isn't a review, for a reason or two of which you will read about later. I've been reading (alot... again as usual) and I'm not quite sure if I want to update the list (the one at the end of the post) or leave those as surprises for later. For now, off to Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights....

A quick overview (from what I understood)... There are two houses Wuthering Heights and Thrushcross Grange. Each house has it's own set of interchangeable characters spanning two generations or so. Each generation had their "problems" and their own "love stories".

AS you could tell from the overview, I really didn't read Wuthering Heights at all. I tried... and I mean TRIED!  But I couldn't keep the characters separate (because I swear they all had the same or similar names!) and the story bounced around a bit to much for me. I couldn't keep track of anything! I believe that if I didn't have to read it and fill out stupid papers for it at the same time,I would have enjoyed it a little more. Maybe one day I will reread on my own. But for now my opinion still stands about disliking it.

I know that this was extremely short, but there really wasn't much to say about the book. I can't wait to start my next independent reading book for English! I've been waiting forever for a reason to read it (other than the obvious, to understand references made in other books...) but haven't actually found one. The best part is I've heard nothing but good things about it! I hope to enjoy it more than the last two books I've had to read for English. I was hoping to start Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens over Christmas break and have time to enjoy it, but instead i'll have to find something else to read. I'm open to suggestions if you guys have any!Well, I've got to get back to work. Talk To You All Later! - Kaitlynn

P.S. All the books I reviewed (the ones that are crossed out) are linked back to review they belong to. Incase you ended up missing a review or if you think one sounds good. All you have to do is scroll over them to make sure the link is there, then click on the link. Don't be alarmed when it opens a new page, its set up to do that.

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons
11.) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
12.) Macbeth by William Shakespeare
13.)Atonement by Ian McEwan
14.) Rebel by Amy Tintera
15.) Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
16.) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
17.) ACID by Emma Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment