Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Rose Made of Stone

(This is a little old because I forgot to post it, but I will try and do a current update on a different review...)

    Hey! I thought I'd try and get a review done quickly before I finish Rebel by Amy Tintera and move on to another English book. (Again, but at least I get to pick slightly more entertaining books.) Most of the books I have to read for English are classics, or at least I consider most of them classics. Some of them are quite new books. So it's gonna feel a lot like time travel....

                                The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
                Who's up for another trip in the TARDIS? The Doctor and Rose take a trip to Rome after a quick visit to a local museum. (In the modern time.) When they make it to Rome the Doctor gets caught up in the mystery of a boy and Rose becomes friends with a slave who could see the future. The Doctor learns a horrible secret and Rose is in danger. Will the Doctor be able to save her this time or will she forever be a stone Rose?

     I rate this a 5/5 stars. I bought this book because our library didn't have it. All the reviews gave varying points of view. But When I read it I enjoyed it. I thought the author did a good job connecting the characters back to the show and adding to them. Also the story was well thought out, it felt like it could have just been another episode.

    I would love to stay and "chat" but I really want to get back to Rebel. So for now, Talk To You All Later! - Kaitlynn

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons
11.) The Help by Kathryn Stockett
12.) Macbeth by William Shakespeare
13.)Atonement by Ian McEwan
14.) Rebel by Amy Tintera
15.) Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
16.) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment