Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Silent Stars


     Hey Guys! I have a treat for all you "Whovians" out there. (Fans of doctor who, for people who don't know what a whovian is.) This isn't going to be a very good post because 1.) I haven't done a review in a while. 2.) I haven't read this in a while. 3.) I probably shouldn't have read it in the first place.... Before I make up any more excuses here's the review.......

                The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
          The Doctor, Amy, and Rory meet a species called the Morphans. The Doctor hadn't intended for them to meet, he meant to show up on Christmas for Rory. Instead they must try and solve a mystery of who has been taking the Morphans, while trying to keep both sides of  the mystery from killing them. Can they do it or will it be an end to all their adventures?

     I gave this a 3/5 stars. It was ok, I didn't realize that it was the eleventh doctor until I got home. So that's why it has such a low rating, I didn't get it. Maybe I'll reread it some day, when I've watched seasons 5-7 of Doctor Who. I also think that it was a bit to short for the story the author was aiming to tell.

   I wish I cold have done better, but it has been about a month since I've read it.... I'll just have  to do better on my next review! (I might go out of order and maybe pick one in the middle because I remember it better. Who knows...) I've talked to my friend about coming and doing reviews. They said that they would be more than happy. I don't know when they'll post but I hope they do a little better than me. Well I leave you with the list of books left to review, just to antagonize over what review comes next. Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Had to read for English but I'm reviewing it anyway)
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons (Haven't read but it's next on my list, I'll start it in a week or two...)

No comments:

Post a Comment