Saturday, July 12, 2014

Shadowhunters Codex


    Hey Guys! I've made some minor changes based on some "suggestions" I got from one of my friends. (I hope you find this easier to read.) I've also been very busy reading, which is no surprise. I can't wait to review it for you guys! So on to today's review....

                                  The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
            New to the world of Shadowhunters? Well do we have a book for you! Here's the Shadowhunters Codex, pretty much the hand guide to your new life. It's got everything! A little history, a little bit of pictures, Demonology... And its already slightly annotated for you! (We all know how you hate annotating.) It even tells you to read more books! (They aren't real, sadly....) It's even got a whole chapter on weapons for those people who feel that they don't know enough weapons already. It's even got runes for you to draw for those artists who feel they need something challenging to try. So do you know everything about the life of a Shadowhunter?

      I rate this a 5/5 stars. Their were times that it did drag, but its a guide what else would you expect? I thought that the annotations were handled wonderful and the occasional "scribble" (Like full blown pieces of art!) were awesome. Personally I would own it instead of borrowing it from the library because theirs some really cool art on both the front and back inside covers. (Well at least with the hardcovers, I don't know about the paperback versions... I've also heard that the E-books are messed up. Better reason to go to the library if your desperate to read it) Over all I thought it was really good, very detailed but broken up b funny comments from the annotators.

    It took me a while to decide what to review, there are just to many options! Plus I fiddled with my site for a little bit while trying to figure out which book to review. Like I said earlier, I can't wait to review The Help for you. I've been kind of obsessed with reading it.... Well I've got to get back to reading it! Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Had to read for English but I'm reviewing it anyway)
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons
11.) The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I just started and will be nearly done with it soon)

4 comments:

  1. Much more engaging to your audience plus I can actually read it. Not much of a description though so as someone who has never read or heard of this series I would not be willing to risk my time on this. I've noticed very little books with under four stars which I can understand because you're reading what you love, but please be honest for us newcomers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to work off of what I remember because I haven't read the book in quite a while. (as it will be with most of the list posted above) I tend not to finish books I don't like that's why you don't find many books under 4 stars. (With the exception of the one that was part of my Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy review. Here's a link to the review http://kaitlynnbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/finally.html ) It's a really bad habit to have but my thought is (and I will quote myself) "Why should I continue to read it if I don't like it?" This really isn't the only reason I don't have reviews under 4 stars, it's mostly the fact that I just run out of time at the end of the day. So what I read has to be worth it or else why am I wasting my time reading it? (I don't support calling reading a waste of time, just so you know) I would be more than happy to hear a suggestion for what I should read next. It would actually be appreciated, I want to appeal to a wider audience. I can't do that if I'm not taking suggestions into consideration. Thank you again for the feedback! - Kaitlynn

      Delete
    2. You can look up story synopsis to refresh your memory.

      Delete
  2. That is a good idea. Thanks! -Kaitlynn

    ReplyDelete