Monday, June 30, 2014

Let's Go To Middle Earth!


      Hey Guys! I'm so glad you all enjoyed my friends first post. (I must admit I thought it was pretty good too.) So, I bet your all wondering what book I'm going to review now. Well I feel like taking a trip to middle earth, so I've decided to do a review on the Hobbit! I wanted to read the all the Lord of the Rings books before read this one but I can't fin my copy of them. It's somewhere around here and I'll find it some day but for now on with the Hobbit!

                        The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
    Come on a journey with one of our favorite hobbits, Bilbo Baggins. Who really rather have stayed at whole instead of going on his journey with Gandalf and the dwarves: Dwalin, Balin, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, and Thorin. (One to many dwarves to remember, if you ask me.) Follow them through their journey through Middle Earth to get to the Lonely Mountain. What will they find? Who will they face? When is second breakfast?

    I rate this book a 4/5 stars. It was a good book, confusing at times but good. the only thing I didn't like is every thing after Smaug leaves the Mountain and doesn't come back. I felt it got dull and went on longer than it should have. Other than that minor "issue", it was a pretty good read.

   I'll do the same thing that I've done in the past with lists, I'll link the ones I've done so you can go back and read them again. Or read them for the first time, if you haven't read them yet. (There's only one right now but later there'll be more) Well I'm off to get ready for Afternoon tea! Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Had to read for English but I'm reviewing it anyway)
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons (Haven't read but it's next on my list, I'll start it in a week or two...)

No comments:

Post a Comment