Monday, July 14, 2014

Beautiful Chaos


        Hey Guys! It's getting harder to choose what to review next. All these great books! (Minus the last one I added to the list... I've read Macbeth already but I'm going to reread it anyway, its a great play. Just can't decide which one I should read first.) Almost done with The Help, can't wait to finish! I hope it ends like the movie..... (The next review might have.... Spoilers. So if you haven't seen season 4 of doctor who, you might not want to read this.)

                          Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
         The Doctor and Donna are back for another adventure in the TARDIS! The Doctor brings Donna back for the first anniversary of her fathers passing. While Donna goes off to spend the day with her family, the Doctor decides to check out some new tech that has been created by a man called Dara Morgan. When the Doctor returns to Donna, he finds out that Wilf has discovered a new star and that it is going to be named after him. (Wilf not the Doctor, just making sure it's clear.) This leads all of them on a wild mystery (with aliens included, as always.) and then unlikeliest of people save the day.

       I rate this a 5/5 stars. I believe this was worth the buy. (Well worth the money on my gift card I used to buy it....) The beginning and end were extremely sad because they went back to the end of season 4. Other then that I thought it was extremely well written. I had second thoughts on getting it because most people don't like the books. (The Doctor Who ones.) They say that they aren't as good as the show, but I thought this was one of the best ones I've read yet. The character development was great and the story plot/lines weren't cheesy. It also fit in right in between the two episodes the author was aiming for.

     I should get The Help done sometime in the next two days because that is the book I really want to review. Half tempted to not wait till I'm done and just review what I've read. We'll have to see.... But I seriously think I'll have a really bad book-hangover. (A book-hangover is When you've finished a book and you suddenly return to the real world, but the real world feels incomplete or surreal because you're still living in the world of the book. This is according to the Urban Dictionary -scroll over "Urban Dictionary" for link.) I've been so stuck in this book that I almost don't want it to end! It's caused the discovery of a new "band" (I guess you could call them that...) called Post Modern Jukebox. Their more of a cover band with a twist. They use techniques from different decades, for example they did a cover of Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia using the 1920's as a basis for they song. I've got to get going, Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

1.) The Silent Stars go by by Dan Abnett
2.) Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
3.) The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
4.) A Study in Silks and A Study in Darkness by Emma Jane Holloway
5.) Beautiful Chaos by Gary Russell
6.) The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
7.) The Osiris Curse: A Tweed and Nightingale Adventure by Paul Crilley
8.) The Shadowhunters Codex by Cassandra Clare
9.) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Had to read for English but I'm reviewing it anyway)
10.) Three by Kristen Simmons
11.) The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I just started and will be nearly done with it soon)
12.) Macbeth by William Shakespeare or Atonement by Ian McEwan

No comments:

Post a Comment