Monday, July 7, 2014

Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie


    I suggested Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley to a friend the other day and realized that I never reviewed it! I think I've reviewed all the other books (or most of them) but I never did the first book. So here it is.... a book that was suggested to me several years, that I'm now suggesting to my friend.

                                 Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
                It's 1950 and Flavia de Luce, a up in coming chemist (as she likes to think she is), runs into a series of bizarre events. First she finds a dead bird on her door step with a stamp on its beak then later she find a dead man in the cucumber patch. She decides that the best way to solve this mystery is through a little sleuthing and a bit of chemistry. Will she find the killer or will she be forced to live a normal life? (Well normal for a 50's chemist....)

     I gave this (and will always give this) 5/5 stars. Its one of my favorites, its not just the book! It's the characters. All of them are great, each one just seems to pop. And you can relate with at least one of the characters. It might help to have a little understanding about chemistry but its not to important. Maybe as you get more into the series you might need to know chemistry but you should be fine for the first book.

    I hope you enjoyed this, it wasn't one I meant to review. I really need to get working on that list, cause I've finished Three by Kristen Simmons and started The Help. So I really need to keep on task! I also need to talk to my friend about posting more.... Well hope you enjoyed! Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment