Saturday, January 11, 2014

A High School Vampire That Doesn't Sparkle,


      Hey Guys! I decided to do another flashback review. (I realize that I put down a entire series, sorry of those expecting that but I will only be doing the first book.)  Now this one for sure is going to suck. (Both literally and just because I wont do a good job.) It has been about four to five years since I read this book and I can't find where my copy of the book went. Which is surprising because I just organized my book shelf and have it finally looking good. Now that I have you all wondering..... ON TO THE REVIEW!

                             Vladimir Tod: Eight Grade Bites by Heather Brewer
               Vlad is an normal high school student who just so happens to be a vampire. Not one of those sparkly fairy type vampires from twilight, I mean a actual vampire. When Vlad isn't busy controlling his vampire side he is busy trying to seem somewhat normal. One day a substitute comes to class and starts to ask to many questions. Who is he? That's when Vlad learns that in addition to having weird substitutes asking about him, he is being hunted by a vampire slayer. Will Vlad make to the end of the year, or will he be killed?

      I rate this a 5/5 stars. I  read this long before I was forced to listen and watch twilight. So when I think of vampires I think of Vlad. Then again I just loved how I could relate some of the things Vlad was going through. (No, I'm not a vampire. I was just board in school and from time to time bullied but that is all in the past and really unimportant.) I loved the action and thought over all it was a good a good book. It was also a short read which is good for when you have to wait a week for your hold to come in at the library or for your next book to come in the mail.

    I hope you enjoyed this flashback. I thought I did a pretty good job at trying to review this book even thought it has been a while since I read it. The other day I got the chance to watch the mortal instruments movie. It was fairly good but they left out my favorite line! But still it was still pretty good. I had problems with some of the characters but that was the least of my problems. Other than that I am working on finishing up Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter. I hope to have it done in a week or two so I can start up House of Hades by Rick Riordan. Off to go read, So for now.... Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

   1. Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
   2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
   3. Vladimir Todd by Heather Brewer
   4. Fablehaven by Brandon mull
   5. Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan
   6. Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
   7. Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment