Saturday, December 21, 2013

The First Flash Back Review



      Hey Guys! I thought I would start out my first flash back review with a little "Here's what it's about" thing. So Flash Back Reviews are just going to be books I have read in the past that I either loved or own/could get easily. They won't be young children's books. 1. that would be really awkward not just for me but for you guys too. 2. I haven't read picture books since first grade so I don't know or remember any good ones. 3. This doesn't include chapter books with pictures in them, they aren't just pure pictures, they help with the chapter books story. But so far I have a small list of books I for sure want to do. I will include it after each post and cross off the ones I have done. (Like this) To where you can still read them but to where you know that I have done them. And if I remember how to I will have the links to the ones I have done on the list. Other than that They will be normal reviews. So back to the past!

                           The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
           Clary Fray things she is just another ordinary girl. But she learns that she is anything but when she sees a werewolf in Pandemonium Club. Not to long after Clary's Mom get kidnapped, Clary gets attacked by a demon, and she learns that she is a Shadow hunter. A Shadow hunter is some one who "hunts" the demons and creatures that step out of line. ( think of them as police but a lot more deadlier) This is when Clary meets Jace, another Shadow hunter who ends up saving her life. Both Clary and Jace try to figure out Clary's past and try to not die in the process. Will Clary become a Shadow hunter? Or will she die? What secrets will be revealed in this fast paced fantasy read?

      I rate this a 5/5 stars. I was told to read this book for years, even friends who didn't like to read told me to read it. I just thought it sounded weird, that was until I got board and couldn't get to the library. It was one of the best books I ever read! and who could pass up this line "Sorry, are you telling me that your demon-slaying buddies need to be driven to their next assignation with the forces of the darkness by my mom?" (Simon) Then again at that point before read this I had been going through books like crazy. I just couldn't find the one to cure my need for a good book.

    I hope you guys enjoyed my first Flash Back review! There are definitely more to come, it was some thing quick and fun for me to do. So one down, the whole world to go!

   1. Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
   2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
   3. Vladimir Todd by Heather Brewer
   4. Fablehaven by Brandon mull
   5. Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan
   6. Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
   7. Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment