Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Wheel made out of Ice,


            Hey Guys! I got this book done the other day but got caught up in side projects, house work, and many other really distracting things. Like my first Anniversary post, Ok I didn't spend a ton of time on it. I hoped you guys enjoyed it though. I decided to check out a book from the library before I read House of Hades by Rick Riordan. I did this because I have been waiting forever for this book to come back in and I didn't feel like putting it on hold and being half way through a book when it comes in. Before you all get annoyed at me for waiting so long to post a review, Here it is....


                             Wheel of Ice by Stephen Baxter 
              The Doctor and his companions Jamie and Zoe end up getting stuck on a space colony based just above Saturn. Only after getting save by a young girl named Phee saves them from certain destruction in Saturn's rings, did the doctor and his companions learn why they were brought to Saturn by the TARDIS. Little blue dolls have been terrorizing the colony and nobody wants to admit that they exist. Everyone thinks that the Doctor, Zoe, and Jamie are to blame for all the problems that happen and happened on the wheel. So they split up to get down to the bottom of these strange blue creatures and where they come from. Will the Doctor and his companions find the answer or will the blue dolls destroy the wheel and all whole live on it?

          I rate this book a 5/5 stars. It was a good read even though it took me a while to get through it. I picked it up thinking I would have to know all the references that would come up but I ended up having to try and figure them out any way. I had a lot of problems read the accents. (Yes you can write accents, and they aren't always fun to read.) I had to decode MMAC's lines every time he said something and Jamie's lines too. Luckily they had similar accents so when they said similar statements at different times, I could understand what they were trying to say. Other than that it was a good read.

       I have to get going for now. So... Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment