Monday, December 23, 2013

Ready for the Games?


   Hey Guys! Ready for another blast to the past?

                                                 Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
                Katniss Everdeen lives in District 12, in the nation of Panem. For seventy-four years they have been having games called The Hunger Games. They have been having them to remind the districts that no mater what the government is in charge. The hunger games are played by one boy and one girl between the ages of  12 and 18 from each District. (24 total) The point of games is to be the last one standing. If you win you and your district gets food for a whole year.  How does Katniss play a role in this? Well... Katniss's little sister Primrose gets picked to go into the hunger games. (by now you all know the famous line....) So Katniss volunteers as tribute so her sister doesn't have to go. At the Capitol Katniss meet her opponents and shows the "judges" her skill. Will Katniss survive the hunger games or will she die like all the other tributes from District 12?

     I rate this a 5/5 stars. This again was another book that I refused to read for the longest time. I feel that my review didn't do the book any justice. It was really well written, and I feel that the movie did a good job with some exceptions........... (Mockingjay pin!) But like usual the book was better. The book was a really quick read and super hard to put down. I think it took me five days to read the whole series, which is not hard to do when there are only three books and they all are really addicting.

       I hope you all enjoyed this flash back. I figured out how to link things so there is a link to my last one down below. (And for once I know it works,  I tested it.) Again I really feel that my review didn't do it any justice. To make up for that I feel that you should just read the book. How do you know if it's good if you haven't tried it yet? Until next time. -Kaitlynn

   1. Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
   2. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
   3. Vladimir Todd by Heather Brewer
   4. Fablehaven by Brandon mull
   5. Lighting Thief by Rick Riordan
   6. Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
   7. Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment