Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hey, Mister Monday!


    Hey, Guys! ( Still haven't found a better name to call you guys!) I have been super busy but I have finally found time to tell you about my latest read! YAY! But I will get to that in a minute, right now I am reading  Speaking From Among the Bones by Alan Bradley. I am on the fence about reviewing it for you guys because it is the fifth book in the series. They don't all connect but to kind of  get the rest of the books you have to read the first one. So ya, I may or may not, it kind of depends on my mood and how much time I have left over when I get it done. (which will be soon, I have about 160 pages left.) After that I am not sure what I am going to read next, my to read list has gotten longer and is almost a jungle of book titles listed on both my I-Pod and Sticky notes every where! It is a mess but I just need to find a place and start there. Now before I really bore you all I should.... MOVE ON TO THE REVIEW!


                                  Mister Monday by Garth Nix

              Our story opens  with our main character Arthur Penhaligon and his first day at his new school. While in gym Arthur has an asthma attack, when on deaths door step, out of no where Mister Monday appears and gives him a key in the shape of a minute hand on the clock. After that his whole world is flipped up side down. He gets chased by crazy half dog - half human creatures, having people named after the times of the day chase him, and a trip to a crazy house that does and doesn't exist. Will Arthur survive this crazy trip or will he get caught and killed? Find out in this adventure packed action/fantasy book. 

          I thought this book was a 5/5 stars. I have been looking for this for several years. So to finally read it was a good for my over fried nerves. I thought that it had a good plot idea and had enough crazy creatures to make it constantly entertaining. My favorite would have to be these books that can rip you to shreds if you have even the slightest word on you. I guess they were my favorite because it bugs me when people write on them selves with pen/marker. Pretty much I thought this book was really good and I would love to read the rest of the series.

          Sorry I have been out for so long. Trust me I don't enjoy not posting regularly but I just don't have the time. I stay up three to four nights a week doing homework and three days a week I volunteer some of my time to tutor some kids at one of our local schools. This also means that my five to six books done/reread a week it is now one book at least every two to three weeks. Also on top of that I have my English books I have to read and book club books that I am trying to get done at the same time. This all leads to my week ends and the fact that every thing that I wanted to get done on the week days have to happen in just two days. Other than that I found a cool video about a guy taking about what he likes in a girl. I will try to post it later or after this if I have time. I have to get going if I want a acceptable amount of sleep. So... Talk To You All Later! (which means next time I am not drowning in work!) -Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment