Saturday, November 23, 2013

From the.... Bones?



        Hey guys! I have decided (since I have time and feel bad about not posting regularly) to review Speaking From Among the Bones  by Alan Bradley. I  hope you guys enjoyed Girls Who Read as much as I did. Also to let you know I made a poll. It is awfully hard to read but if you highlight it you can see your options. It was inspired by a picture I found and it had both the Doctor and Sherlock. It said "The Doctor and Sherlock knock on your door. The Doctor asks you to be his companion. Sherlock asks you to be his blogger. Who do you choose?" I just couldn't decide for my self! So I made the poll and added in Shadowhunters so people who don't know who the Doctor is or  who Sherlock is, can have an option. (if you haven't heard of either of these guys by now you really live under a rock! Not to offend you but they are some of the most popular characters ever!) Before I go over board in how people live under a rock, when in reality I probably live under the biggest one... ON TO THE REVIEW!


                             Speaking From Among the Bones by Alan Bradley

               Our favorite chemist/sleuth is back! In this story Flavia De Luce solves the mystery of the death of their missing organist. Who just so happens to be found dead in the tomb of St. Tancred, who was the main reason for them going into the tomb. Suddenly it seems like every one in Bishop Lacey is on solving this mystery. Even detectives from out of town show up! While trying to solve this mystery she learns many shocking thing about both her house and family. Will Flavia be able to solve the murder or will some one get to it before her? Find out in this scientific/mystery!

           I rate this a 5/5 stars. Flavia is an easy character to fall in love with, especially when she say stuff like "When I'm blue, I think of Cyanide. Because it is the same shade of blue that I feel." Other than that it is just beautifully written. I am glad that a friend from years ago gave me the first book as a going away present. Also I like that Flavia uses science to explain the mystery. Instead of it being all "LOOK I FOUND A CLUE!" it is more of "Hey, I found this strange substance! Lets go put in a test tube and see what happens when I dump chemicals on it!" By having the book this way (even thought it does make it seem longer) it helps the reader understand what is going on and what those "strange substances" are, instead of just flat out saying it.

         I hope you guys enjoyed my review! I am try this out on my new laptop! YAY! It seems to work perfectly fine, which is great! Other than that... Happy 50th anniversary of DOCTOR WHO! Just wanted to mention it, I'm not going to do any thing special because I need to start thinking about my 1st anniversary of my blog! I'm not sure what I am going to do yet. But I do have a fun mis-adventure for Thanksgiving. That makes up for me not doing one for Halloween because of the cute little kids in their cute costumes! I am more than happy to your guys suggestions on what I should do. I thought about a recording kind of thing but I don't have the stuff to do it and I am kind of trying to save some money for movies coming out soon and books. Then I thought of doing an interview with some one but.... I don't know any one! Ya, so I kind of don't know what I 'm going to do yet. I have two months to figure it out, but I'll probably wait till the last second and do some thing really stupid. Well, I need to move on and see if I have any thing else to review because I have the time to do one or two more. So for now... Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

  

No comments:

Post a Comment