Thursday, April 11, 2013

Two For One!


       Hello, yet again. I am again so sorry that my last review was posted late, and I am sorry for posting this one late also. I have had this book done since last week Wednesday but haven't had time to post because of homework and a ton of people quiting crew for our play. I have also been brainstorming in what little free time I have and have come up with some ideas for my blog. But you all are going to have to wait to see them. I also have to at some point in time tell my family what I would like for my birthday, but I have until May 29th to tell them. I think it may be important to tell you guys that my birthday is May 30th. I am going to try to find a good mis-adventure for my birthday. I am so glad you guys have been enjoying them. I know you guys have been waiting for a song or two from my latest CD find, I just haven't had time to find any. Sorry again this is out way later than wanted I have decided that I will give you guys a two for one deal because I have finished another book. Well before I promise more than I can handle, on to the reviews!

                                       Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
     Our story opens with Ember (our main character) and her friends, in our some what near future. A future where every thing is controlled by the "government" and their Moral Statutes (see below). Ember and her mother break every one of the articles of the moral statutes. They have so far been living under the radar in their house full of contraband until one day it all changes. The moral statutes are updated and they come after Ember. Soldiers come to her home with an unlikely person in their mist. Chase her old friend, who sits idly and watches her go to a reformatory.  Will Ember ever get out? Action, adventure, high stakes, and a bit of a love story are in store for this high stakes story.

I rate this book 5/5. Even though I wasn't planning on reading this, I was kind of glad I did. I am kind of glad that I found out that there is a second book!
 
 
                                      London Eye  by Tim Lebbon
    Our story opens in a city just out side of what was London. What is left of London now is a wild city full of people with incredible powers. Two years before the time of the story London was hit by a huge chemical. Most people died, the people who lived had strange powers and are  called  irregulars. Jack and his friends head into London to find answers, people who were lost, and to see for them selves what it is like. High stakes adventures, love, danger, and pure curiosity hang around every corner. Who will make it out alive?
 
    I rate this a 3.5/5. I thought it was good near the end but I got really confused with the dialogue some times, and the first half of the book I just found really boring. I hope the second one comes out soon. I have feeling that the next one may be a bit better.
 
  Well guys hope you enjoyed my reviews! I have to go get more paint off of my hands and try to find my calculator! I can't find it any where, well I have had it since I was in 4th grade so I guess I shouldn't be to sad. Half of the buttons don't work right any way, the screen was slightly broken, and the rest of the buttons are colored in a light pink. (Well the reason it is a light pink is because I lent it out for some one and that's how I got it back.) Well I really need to go, Talk To You All Later! - Kaitlynn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment