Friday, April 12, 2013

English news thing........

   Sorry for those who are waiting for my latest review, I haven't finished my next book and  I have to do an english assignment really quickly. I hope you find it interesting! It is my most favorite magazine, I got it from my Amma who I hope to visit soon.

                                                   Archaeology (March/April 2009)
   In this magazine there are about 13 articles. They range from uncovering the dead to looting problems. This issue mostly focuses on archaeological digs and the pasts of them. So if you want to know more about they archaeological digs that are threaten by global warming, just turn to page 32. IF you want to learn about a priestess of Amun turn to page 36. Or if you want to learn about the grave of the Middle east's oldest witch, turn to page 30. This has some thing for just about every one and is fairly simple to understand. The audience for Archaeology is probably for people between 18 and possibly 80. Or for any one interested in our past history. The reason I think this is because most people who are 18 and older love to know about some part of our past. This magazine covers a little bit of every thing. I also think that it is the same for people who love history, there is always some thing for some one.

  A Mummy's Life by Eti Bonn-Muller- This is one of the articles I mentioned before.(only cause it might just be my favorite!) In this article the describe the life of an Egyptian priestess of Amun. Her name was Meresamun, and she worked at the temple of Karnak in Thebes. They talk about the "mummy", what things she might have had, and her life. Also the recreate her face, (shown in the link below.) to what it could have been at that time.

 Grave of the Middle East's Oldest Witch by Mati Milstein- In this article they cover the dig in Hilazon Tachtit (northern Israel).  They go over the first couple digs there and what was found. They also try to figure out why she had such a elaborate tomb when the Natufians didn't even do it for any of their other dead.

  Climate Change: Sites in Peril by Andres Curry- In this article they tell us about the effects of global warming on dig sites. They cover the Scythian tombs, rainstorms in Peru, The desertification of the Sudan, Retreating Swiss Glaciers, erosion in the Channel Islands, and melting sea ice in Greenland. Each is it's own "mini" article and talks about what is happening in that area.

  As mentioned before the people at Archaeology recreated Meresamun, an Egyptian priestess. Well they recreated her face. I think that it some what helps me understand what the article is talking about. The reason is that Egyptian priestess where picked for their beauty, so for them to recreate her face it give me a better understanding on how her looks got her farther in life. So I think that by seeing her face it helps people understand what the article says about her life.

Unwrapping Priestess of Amun

  If the link doesn't work can you tell me so I can fix it. Other than that I just want to say that this is probably one of my most favorite magazines. It ranks pretty high up with Quizfest and Astrogirl. (The only other magazines I will read.) It covers alot of the things I love. Like Egyptian life, Roman life, Archaeological digs, and the list goes on. It was kind of nice to know more about the life of the priestess of Egypt and the Romans oil trades. I hope that you all enjoyed this, I really must get going. Talk To You All Later!-Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment