Thursday, February 28, 2013

Update & Review


   HEY every one! This has one busy week. I got three medals at Acadec weekend. Two bronze and one gold. The bronze were for Lang/lit and social science.  And the gold was for Super quiz. I would like to congratulate all the other kids who competed and thank the people who set up the program, weekend, and every thing. It was an amazing experience. Enough about that... ON TO THE BOOKS! I finally got to finnish The Friday Society and I was going to read The Demon Catchers of Milan But I was having troubles with it. Sorry for those waiting for that. I just couldn't get in to it. Other than that I have about three more books I getting out of the library. I am not going to tell you the titles because I just don't know if I am going to get to them all! Or if I like them at all! What I am really waiting for is Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. For now that's whats been up and why I haven't posted any thing for a while. Now on to the review!


                         The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress

     This book starts off with us meeting Cora. A girl who used to live on the street. Now she works for a lord and does a lot of science. After we meet Cora, we meet  Nellie. She is a magicians assistant and has a pet parrot. Then last but not least we meet Michiko. She is a Japanese girl who ran away from home and now works with an combat instructors assistant.  All of them are getting ready to go this big party to either put on a performance or to hang around. Eventually they all get together to solve a multi path mystery. As the girls try to solve the mystery things will happen, the unexpected comes out of no where and maybe a chance at love? Follow our three hero's though the many twists and turns of this steampunk mystery and find out who is really behind it all.

  I rate this book a 4/5 stars. It was a very good book. Some things threw me off. For example there are two chapters that could have been differently numbered. They where Chapter 10 1/2 and Chapter 10 3/4. It just really threw me off because I am so used to normal chapters. I think that some of the characters could have been brought out a bit more but other than that overall I thought it was a good book.  

 I am always looking for new books, music, and questions to answer. If you have any suggestions that you would love for me to hear just put it in the comments below. I really hope to here your guy's opinion and would love some tips or points on things I could do to improve the page. Also I would love for you all to just join in and give your input on the books I review or books I should review. Well I need to get going. I will TALK TO YOU ALL LATER! -kaitlynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment