Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mammoth Book Part 1

   
        Hey Guys! I have decided to do my book in parts. I am so excited about this because this is one of my back door bookshop finds. They were practically begging me to buy it as one of my old friends would say.  I had completely forgotten about it till I found it over the weekend. I would have liked to have had this done by Tuesday night but I tons of homework and had to tutor some of funniest kids in the world. They make wonder if  I acted like them at their age. So with out any more delays.... here's the first review!


                      The Mammoth Book of New Sherlock Holmes Adventures (Part 1)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      The Bothersome Business of the Dutch Nativity by Derek Wilson

         This story is about Sherlock's first case or so we are lead to think is his first case. Sherlock meets a man named William Spooner who just so happens to go to the collage "next door" to the one that Sherlock goes to. By some strange chance Holmes gets drawn into the mystery that surrounds the sudden disappearance of the Dutch Nativity that had recently been given to the school. Can Holmes solve the case or will it be one of his biggest failures?

       I  rate this a 5/5 stars. I thought that Wilson did a good job in portraying Holmes. I also thought that Wilson did a good job at giving us an idea of what Holmes first case was.  It was a rather enjoyable case to read.

                    The Affray at the Kildare Street Club by Peter Tremayne

         The story opens with Sherlock having a nice lunch with his brother Mycroft at the Kildare Street Club when there is a minor theft in the club. When someone loses something of a great personal value and who better to solve the case than our friend Sherlock Holmes! Will he solve the case or will it be one of his first defeats?

      I rate this a 5/5 stars. I thought that Tremayne had a pretty good story about Sherlock. He also mentions "our dear friend" Professor Moriarty! Other than that it was a simple read, nothing to over detailed. Which probably made it a good read...

       I am so sorry this is out later than I had expected. I was hoping to have more time than I had. Other than that I went to a library book sale. I picked up two books that I felt the need to own but when I pick up a couple of books that I wanted to check out, I found that only one of the three I wanted to read. You will just wait to hear about what I picked up.  I am also still thinking about what to do about my one year anniversary. At least the best part is that it lands on a Saturday this year! So if I plan things right I will totally have time to do something. I will just figure out what.... For now I must get going. Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

     

No comments:

Post a Comment