Friday, April 3, 2015

Graceling


         Hey Guys! I decided to procrastinate some more, well technically it's not procrastination when you don't have the materials to do the things you're supposed to be doing. Well then again, if you've got Doctor Who on then its definitely procrastination. So yep there we go, in a round about way I'm procrastinating. Ok, before I bore you all even more let's get on with the review.

                                       Graceling by Kristin Cashore
             Graces are abilities that set special people apart in Katsa world. It isn't to hard to tell if you've got one, usually your eyes are a unusual color. The Graces can be something simple like being an amazing dancer, or being graced with the ability to be an expert killer (If you didn't guess already, this ones Katsa's Grace). Katsa is forced to use her Grace for the king. When Katsa meets Po her whole world starts to change as she begins to learn the truth about her grace.

          I loved this book, I read it about four or five years ago. (If you couldn't tell by the slightly choppy description of the book) Sure it had some romance in it (not my favorite parts of any book, not even in my top ten genres) but I feel that the amount of action made up for it.

                                     Fire by Kristin Cashore
                   Fire as the Grace to control peoples minds. She doesn't like to do it to the innocent, mostly cause she has secrets she's hiding just as much as the innocent people are too. When Brigan  comes to town and asks for her help to uncover a possible plot against the throne. Can Fire do it, or will she let her fears get the best of her?

         I don't remember much about this book, I think it's cause I read it right after Graceling with out letting Graceling set in first. It must have been good, I don't know. I might have to reread the whole series and come back to redo this part of the review....

                                  Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
           Bitterblue rose to the throne at a young age, because of this the kingdoms advisors have been running the kingdom for her until she comes of age to be able to run the kingdom. Bitterblue decides the only way to better run her kingdom is to dive into the past, may that be by sneaking out at night or by two thieves who only want to steal what's been already stolen.

         I disliked this book, I remember it just dragging, and dragging. Sure the idea was there, and it was a pretty good one, but I think it was the amount of unnecessary detail that kept me from truly enjoying it. There was also an extreme lack of action, which made this book way different then the last two in the series.

              Alright, I feel better now that I've gotten this whole series sort of off my chest. I feel bad that I just couldn't do it justice. The first two books were good, go read them. If you want to read the third be my guest I'm not going to discourage reading of any kind. Ok, I guess I'm off to finish an episode of Doctor Who, read some Crime and Punishment, and then start a Shakespeare play. I love Shakespeare and absolutely can't wait to start the play I'm going to read. Well, Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

Reviewed and To Be Reviewed List

My Goodreads Page

No comments:

Post a Comment