Sunday, March 2, 2014

What kind of Alternate Universe is This!


          Hey Guys! I almost completely forgot about this book! I don't know why.... I just ordered a whole bunch of books! Seeing as we are going to get tons of snow, I don't have a clue when they will show up. Which is upsetting because I might be stuck in my house and unable to go to the library for a bit. I guess this would be a good time for a read-a-thon, or something like that.....Well before I go off topic an more, ON TO THE REVIEW!

              The Lazarus Machine (Tweed & Nightingale Adventures) by Paul Crilley
           It's 1895, Tweed and his father are up to their usual. Swindling people for their own good but also passing it off as helpful to the people. During their latest "séance" Tweeds father gets kidnapped by people in gas masks. He assumes the leader is Moriarty, who people think survived the fall over Reichenbach Falls with Sherlock Holmes. Tweed isn't the only one who is looking for their parent, Nightingale  has been looking for over a year for her mother. She knows that Moriarty took her, she just doesn't know where. By pure luck Tweed and Nightingale team up to get to the bottom of this mystery. Will they survive Moriarty's wrath? Or will they die by the hands of him or his lackey's?

        I rate this book a 5/5 stars. Ok, I must admit this was the strangest steampunk book I have ever read. I guess that's why it was such a good read. I also thought that the multiple twists it had kept it interesting. I can't wait to read the next book! Spoilers: It looks like they go to Egypt! Ok it's not that big of a spoiler because if you looked at the cover you could say that....

        Like I said before with the impending snowstorm I think I'm going to hunker down and have a read-a-thon type thing.  I don't know if I'll have power but that's what an endless amount of batteries and a book light is for! Think I'll start with finishing off  Fire Storm by Andrew Lane.... Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment