Tuesday, May 14, 2013

PODCASTS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


         This is probably the last thing you guys want to be reading about, trust me it was the last thing I wanted to do. It took days to find the right podcast but eventually I found one! Sticking to the "theme" of books I found the perfect one for me... The Baker Street Babes! I know what a weird title but they are actually really cool and they talk about one of my favorite characters........ SHERLOCK HOLMES! Who I hadn't gotten into until 8th going on 9th grade. Now you could say I am a bit obsessed but not to the point of insanity. Well on to my english assignment. (for your amusement more than mine.)

           The goal of the Baker Street Babes is to ( for lack of a better term) explain things about our dear friends Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. They go from books to movies to even music! They also tell cool fun facts about some of the t.v shows and movies that have come out over the years. The Baker Street  Babes also have told as about some copy right problems.

          The intended audience is mainly the fans of Sherlock Holmes. I believe that it is more for the older fans. (I mean the ones over 13 give or take a few years.) It is also possibly for any fan from any country. The reason I said that part is because The Baker Street Babes are all different nationality's. (Well at least from what I can tell from their voices) There is no argument need when I said that it is for the fans of Sherlock Holmes. The reason I say that it is for people 13 and up is because what ten year old would understand half of what the Baker Street Babes talk about? They use huge words, some slang, and once in an extreme while they swear but it is nothing major.

    IF I had the chance to be on this podcast, WELL it would be a total geek fest. Seeing as I know quite a bit already. The fact that I have only heard the first 7 Podcasts out of the 50 podcasts they have it is really hard to say what I would say. I know that they would start with their usual questions. "I first got in to Sherlock when I was about 12 or 13. I had always know Sherlock Holmes was there but never got interested until the first Guy Ritchie film about Sherlock Holmes. ( The one with Robert Downey Jr.) After that it became you could say a need to have Sherlock. My favorite character.... That is a tough one because I kind of can choose one. I like Sherlock but that is to be expected because he is the main character. I like Watson too, and I can't have one without the other! I also like Irene Adler because she is the one women that can one up Sherlock. I also think that some of the stories and things couldn't have survived long with out Moriarty! SO picking just one would be liking picking your favorite child! I don't really have a favorite book/short story because I haven't read very many of them. If I had to pick one now It would have to Hound of the Baskerville. My favorite adaptation would be a tie between the Guy Ritchie films and the BBC version."


      I hope you guys have enjoyed this the link to the page with the podcasts is down below. I listened to them on Itunes, all I typed in was Podcasts about Sherlock Holmes. It took some searching but you'll find it. They also have a blog! I haven't found it yet but when I do I will try to get a link to it. I must get going, Talk To You All Later! -Kaitlynn  

Baker Street Babes - Podcasts

No comments:

Post a Comment