Friday, January 25, 2013

first reveiw like thing.......



         Sorry for those Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, i have to write a review for my English class. ( Sorry for those who think that this is done out of my free will. Well it sort of was but i have to do english assignments on here.) I also have to finnish the last section in my version of the book.( my version has four parts and a short story.) I promise that after I finnish So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish then I will write my review. Other than my english home work I will try to post at least one review each week. Or  when ever I get time. (which maybe once every two weeks) For now I will be doing a book review on ( even though it is series) The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan. Don't be alarmed if I skip chapters, I may condense some together because they are on the some subject. If you haven't read the books then 1.) what are you waiting for! 2.) you should 3.) enjoy the review if you don't want to read the books.

                                                               Book 1:  The Lost Hero

       This is the first book in the series, it starts up right where the Percy Jackson and the Olympians leaves off. (Another book series) The first chapter you get introduced to our three young hero's Jason, Piper, and Leo. They are on a class field trip to the grand canyon, while there things go hilariously wrong. Before we get to far you might need to know a bit more about our hero's. (I am going to try my best to explain while not ruining the rest of the book yet) Jason is a boy who is around 15 or 16, he has no memory of who he is and is waking up surrounded by people he doesn't know. Piper is a girl who is about the same age. She says that she is Jason's girlfriend and apparently stole a BMW. Last but not least is Leo who is a boy about the same age as Piper and Jason. he says that he is friends with both of them and hadn't run away from home multiple times. They all have ADHD and dyslexia which plays a big role a in a bit. Now back to the field trip... on the bus Jason learn who his "friends" are and who is supposedly is. He also learns that he goes to a school called Wilderness school, which is a school for kids who have been in trouble with the law at some point in time. the chaperon Coach hedge tell them about the assignment and yells at them a bit. this happens for about two to three chapters. ( I would to tell you all the funny parts but i would be here all day if i did that so i am not but if you want to know.... READ THE BOOK!) After all that Jason and his friends get attacked by ventus  which is a wind spirit. Eventually they all battle some one falls into a canyon and coach hedge is a satyr which is a Greek term for half goat half human. (If you still don't get some of the things i explain to you, you can look them up, read Greek/ roman mythology, or read Rick Riordan's books.) Then a recon team saves their butts and takes them to camp half-blood. people get weapons, get a tour, and find out their god parents are. Jason's is Zeus/Jupiter the god of the sky. Piper's is Aphrodite/Venus the goddess of love. And Leo's is Hephaestus/Vulcan the god of the forge. Well to save some time the whole rest of the book is their adventure with many pit stops and problems. Many secrets get revealed, plenty of action and lots of jokes and funny parts.  You just have to read it to see how it ends......

   I rate this book a 5/5 stars. ( It's just my opinion. But if you ask me I would tell just about every one to read the book)

                                                book 2:  The Son of Neptune

       The book starts with Percy Jackson ( who every one thinks has gone missing.) getting chased by two  furies and just happens to stumble upon the roman equivalent of camp half-blood, Camp Jupiter. while there he meet many people, sees some unusual things, and find some new friends. They are Hazel and Frank. Both have some dangerous secrets but for now that can be ignored. Hazel is a girl who is around the same age as Percy and is the daughter of Pluto/Hades god of the under world. she has a long twisted past and doesn't like to talk about it much. Frank is a boy, who like Hazel is around Percy's age. his god parent is Mars/Aries the god of war. Like Hazel he has a twisted past but some times talks about it. After arriving at the camp and settling down, Percy and his friends go on a quest to Alaska to free a god. They stop in many other places, meet interesting people, and have plenty of action parts  & jokes to balance out every thing. Again you have to read the book to know how it ends.....

   I rate this book a 5/5 stars.

                                        book 3: the mark of Athena
                 This book begins with the main characters from our first book (Jason, Piper, and Leo. also Annabeth tags along.many may remember her from Percy Jackson and the Olympians.) and the main characters from our second book ( Percy, Hazel, and frank.) meet up and follow the prophecy about 7 demi-gods. while on their quest the two group have to work together even though the two camps are rivals. Trust is tested, people betrayed, and flying boats follow through out the book. On their trip to Rome many secrets get reveled, new villains appear at random times, and we follow the mark of Athena. More adventure and jokes are in store also a huge twist ending that will leave you squirming for the next book. But like the rest I leave it to you to find out every thing i left out by reading the book.

    I rate this a 5/5 stars.

I would like to thank you for reading this and to tell you sorry the next book isn't out soon. It doesn't even say when either! Amazon please tell me! Well I hope you enjoyed this. i might not attack three books next time. It was a little to much for me to take on but I got it done! Yay! It took me about 2 and a half hours. Sorry for the paragraphs getting shorter as I went through the books. But if I explained every thing you A.) wouldn't read the books. B.) would wonder what i forgot to mention from the book before  the one you where reading. Or C.) would get broad or have an information over load! I must get going because i need to eat. Also possibly finnish Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
-Kaitlynn

No comments:

Post a Comment